Announcing a Colville Parents meeting on Wednesday, February 3rd at the Colville High School Cafeteria from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.
We will be holding an open and very informal meeting for all concerned citizens of the Colville School District in regards to the new transgender policy as well as any other Colville School related issues. Although this is a Colville Parents meeting – we invite any and all people from outside Colville to attend and, in fact, we encourage your presence and input.
Please note – this is NOT a Colville School District function, this is a meeting put together by the concerned parents and citizens of our community.
The purpose of this meeting is to:
– Give the community a place to have an open, respectful discussion regarding the new transgender rule.
– Idea Exchange: Brainstorm options and discuss possible solutions – learn what the people in our community want and are willing to do on this issue.
– Bring and share all information that you feel will be useful or helpful to others. If you have the ability to print out paperwork, we will have a sharing table set up. If you can’t print, then we still would like you to bring the information so that we can find a way to share it.
– Questions, answers, comments, discussions. It may be that there are more questions than answers at this time, but we are hoping with enough people sharing, we will be able to find answers together.
– Gather and share contact information for anyone who wishes to do so.
6:00 – 6:15 Meet and greet and make connections.
6:15 – 6:25 A short update regarding the transgender rule and how it affects our community and our schools.
6:25 – Open discussion with our community. We will give each person who wants to speak time to speak. We want to keep the conversation moving along and to get as many people speaking as possible, so we ask that the comments be brief.
7:50 – Clean up, return chairs and tables. (We only have the room reserved until 8:00)
We would like to keep the discussion mainly about the transgender issue. We welcome questions along with any ideas or solutions people may have.
Task Force: We are hoping that at least one person chosen for the Colville School Board Nondiscrimination Task Force will be in attendance and be able to update our community and gather information they can share with the Task Force at the next meeting.
RSVP: In an attempt to know how many people might be in attendance, we would like people to let us know if they plan to attend. You can contact
Scott or Lynette Martin at:
or on our colvilleparents facebook page
If you have any information or suggestions for the meeting, please let us know.